Sunday, June 19, 2011

YES

Hello Everyone:)

I am so happy right now! I'm in heaven and in Ukraine! wooo!



I'll be sure to tell you why everything is going superb a little bit later. First, I need to give you a recap of last night and today...


So, yesterday, Naira, who I adore, and I went back to our flat after bumming around Lviv with Samet. I'm pretty sure we managed to go everywhere, and we even managed to take the bus by ourselves! I love the souvenier market here in Lviv, while it is expensive, there are so many beautiful things to be bought!


But, I didn't buy anything yet. I know this is a shock for everyone.

Then, after all our touring, we went back to our WONDERFUL flat and took a nap to prepare for our night's adventures.

We went to this very European disco/club thingy called metro club. It was a really cool place with 3 different dance floors I think with all different music. I had my first Ukrainian beer, other than kvass which is non alcoholic and delicious.

So, let me describe what it feels like to be in this Ukrainian night club...basically, EXACTLY what it feels like to be in Milwaukee, but with lots of Ukrainians. Tons of vodka. AND a foreign language. Haha! But anyway, I went to the club with Naira, Samet, and Sergae. Samet is from Turkey, and he met these Turkish guys earlier in the day at a cafe (gloria jeans ahah). They are scholars or something and one of them actually went to UW Madison. From this you can tell it's a small small world! So these turkish guys told Samet to meet them at metro club, and we did. Little did we know that they are high rollers! haha

When we first walked into the club I felt so out of place. Did I mention that I forgot my ID and somehow still made it in. I felt like I was 19, in America, attempting to sneak my way into a bar! I really thought a lot of people were staring at us because we were speaking English, and then the tables turned. We got to sit at this reserved table with the turkish guys and really enjoy the disco! It was so much fun and then everyone was watching us because we were bascially amazing.

Sooooooo, it was a really really really good night that I needed to have. Lot's of dancing, and goofing-off in Ukraine:)


Then today a bright light appeared in the dark hole which was started to overwhelm my life...thanks to the wonderful flat and location of said flat.


I was sitting around waiting all day to move out into a new place, although I didn't really know where I was going to go. This is because today I was going to finally meet with the people from the AmEs camp...

So, Tanya and Mischa came to pick me up after I packed all my junk, and they had Maja with them, an awesome intern from croatia who will be working in the same camp. Obviously, I had to say bye to Naira and Samet:( I'll miss them! Anyway, we took the taxi to some office. I mean I literally had no idea where we were going and neither did tanya or Mischa. And out pops the head of the AmEs camp, so I was very surprised that we were there, and going to meet with the camp already...

I was so confused, but aren't AIESECers always? I mean look at the name of our organization. Everytime I tell someone I'm from AIESEC they respond with "what? You suck?" (because AIESEC is pronounced I-sec)haha...I HATE IT:)

But the Polishucks were very nice! Thank you guys! and they seriously made me feel much better about Ukraine and Lviv. I am now sitting in a beautiful flat with paintings on the walls instead of cockroaches, and rugs on the floor instead of crumbs.

So remember how I said I'm now in heaven? This is what I am talking about. I couldn't have been better received! Basically, the American English School is amazing!

Now, I'm just relaxing, attempting to take a breather before starting training tomorrow. Perhaps Maja and I will make our way towards a supermarket to invest in some water and various other goodies!



I hope all is well for everyone! Even though the sun isn't shining in Lviv today, it is the brightest day I have had here yet!



I miss you all and God bless!



:)Michelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment