Monday, June 27, 2011

Hahahaha hi!

Howdy Y'all.

Today, Ukraine started out as a major pain. I wanted to DIE. I was so tired, probably because of stupid shenanigans I involved myself with last night.

So anywho, I have a constant sore throat here, and I am just so tired. It's hard for me to be full Michelley because it takes so much energy here. I just keep praying and praying and praying that things will continue to be ok. I just wanna be ok be ok be ok...I just wanna be ok today! :) But it has been a fun day...


And last nightw as a riot. Luigi, nadir, and i walked to the village last night @ 10:30pm. I was slightly fearful, as Ukrainians are the most friendly looking people. However, they are amazing! So we walked in the dark to this cafe Luigi had seen...and entered. I wanted ice cream of course...which their ice cream here kind of sucks. It is evident that they lacked the western european influence of gelato:( so sad! but some of the bars they have here are delicious. and what can i say? ice cream is fricken ice cream. Yah so I got ice cream haha and so did luigi and nadir. luigi also bought juice...and so we decided to walk through this cafe to find people to talk to. However, at first when we started to walk up the stairs, it appeared as if no one was there. literally no one. until we got to the top floor where there was a monstrous pool table, picture of an orgy on the wall, and about 6 ukrainians sitting on couches with a computer and cards. Nadir, who has been living here for 11 months and some odd days (he knows exactly), introduced us because he knows more ukrainian than luigi and i. So he says our names and the people just stare. The three of us stand there awkwardly for about 3 minutes...until nadir is eating his ice cream and it falls off of the stick onto the floor. they people just stare, while im laughing at nadir. and then one of the women, in perfect english mind you, says..."we prefer that you leave, so we can start to play"

What was going on in our minds? well, we contemplated the fact that perhaps it was some sort of orgy partay, or maybe a narcotics game...either way it was hilarious to experience their hostility.


and today was great fun...after i had my nap. the students participated in a quest game:) Yay:)


Have fun everyone!


God bless!


:)Michelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment