Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hey all:)

I made it to Ukraine. I love Lviv! It is such a beautiful city! Let me tell you a little bit about the super trekkk here...o gosh!

First, my connecting flight to amsterdam was delayed for 1.5 hrs due to weird engine problems. So, on this flight I was literally sitting inbetween a guy from Moldova who lives in minnesota and a guy from latvia who was living in canada. They were speaking and I could tell it was eastern european so I start asking them where they are from and where they are going. The Moldovan, Fidor, said he was going to the exact same place as me on the exact same flight! Talk about an angel sent from God. I couldn't believe it!

Fidor helped me through amsterdam. We ran through together, had the same connecting flight to Kiev and then took the creepy train to Lviv together. Now let me tell you about this crazy train. What the heck! It was straight out of 1964 USSR...I mean like grandma's curtains, and a guard who seriously looked like the stereotypical russian. This train bounced, and rocked, and screeched. Somehow. SOMEHOW. I actually managed to sleep.


So, after the train ride I had to say by to Fidor who is welcoming his daughter into the world this month because his wife in pregnant.


I hope you can tell that this is going to be a beautiful experience! Right now I'm sitting with Mischa, a guy from the AIESEC LC here in Lviv at McDonalds....yep, where else would I be but McDonalds?


Also, my two favorite things so far is their new restaurant here called "chicken hut" and all of the people from the rural towns carry giant baskets of bing cherries through the train station to be sold at the markets....


Let's just say I'm experiencing the Soviet Kitsch and I'm loving it!!!


I can't wait to tell you more! Enjoy Wisconsin! and Everywhere!



:)Michelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment