Monday, June 20, 2011

Greetings Earthlings

So remember how yesterday I said the American English School is basically amazing? Well take every single synonym of amazing in the english language combine them all into one great long adjective and apply that to the American English School. It is phenomenal.

I am so happy that I went on this project and didn't chicken out. I can see that I will have a brilliant time working with so many wonderful, welcoming people.

Today we had training for the camp and I had such a great time. First, Maja and I woke up around 8 and then got ready, we walked to the "castle Lion" for the training sessions. This was a beautiful scenic route to the building,and it is surrounded by the most architecturally beautiful buildings. I felt like I was in Paris. Like I said before, Lviv is beautiful!

Anyway, once we got to the trainings, of course, at first I was a little apprehensive and scared, but within minutes I knew I would enjoy what was going to happen.

We started with introductions and ice breakers which were a riot, so everyone got to know everybody. Then the schedule of the camp was laid out for us to see. Everything is clear for me now! No more confusion! yay!

After this, we had a coffee break and had delicious cake, fruit, coffee and tea. yum yum. It was such a pretty cafe:)

Then we went back to the Castle Lion where our training went on, and we started to discuss the lessons we would be teaching. Tania presented first, and then me. Of course, I was nervous, thinking O gosh what will everyone think of my lessons?! There is a doctor here who will be teaching and a professional, and all these experienced people. I think they will rip be to shreds! Especially since I plan on wearing a wolf costume one of the days....so I started to talk about what I will teach, and I was pleasantly surprised that they though it was good! I am so happy all of my hardwork planning paid off!

There were so many other good ideas from the other instructors...so I know all of the kids will have a super fun time!

When training finished, there was dinner provided for all of us who don't live in Lviv. Of course, we had more borsch, and some kind of pancake thing with meat, salad, and potatos with chicken & mushroom sauce! LECKER!

We had a lot of fun at dinner joking and getting to know one another...

So, after dinner, Nadir came to take Luigi, Chris, Maja, and I back to our flats. Because I personally had no idea where to go lol


We said by to Chris and Luigi who live right next to the famous opera house, and then kept going and going and going to our flat.

Up the cobblestone streets we went, and it started to rain. Luckily, I had my umbrella...


So we met up with Taras because he REALLY knew where our flat is, and after a good 20 minute walk through the seemingly anicient streets, we finally made it to our humble abode.

Yay:D


And so I am home now, trying to relax, and prepare for what tomorrow brings...


Also, did I mention that Maja and I almost got lost last night trying to buy bread and water...SHHHH don't tell my mom. Haha (even though I know she will read this anyway) The important part is: we didn't get lost, learned my lesson;), and I'll never do it again;)



Well, so long for now everyone! I hope you are in good spirits because I know I am!



God bless & Good day




:)Michelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment