Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Come on Everybody, Come to Ukraine:)

Hello everyone,

First of all, let me start by saying I miss all of my friends expect for those who are in Ukraine:)


I wish I could say hello, give you a great big bear hug, and give you a michelley hug!


But my blog will have to do:)




So, I had a superb day! It started out with Maya and I finding our way to the castle lion by ourselves....after taras giving us some amazing directional pointers, we were able to figure out the winding streets of Lviv! yay!


Our workshop today was so much fun:) we discussed movies we will show in the camp...I am responsible for showing the movie "when in rome" I hope it will be fun! Other than that we played the "crest toothpaste" game in which each participant goes around in the circle and says one new word of the sentence...I'm pretty sure it ended up something like "luigi went to the beach to catch sharks, then a big woman came along and luigi asked her out..." it was quite fun:D We were trying to come up with games for the children to play...but obviously ours got a little out of hand lol!

So of course we had a coffee break again today where I got to talk with the instructors which was a lot of fun (i am an esl teacher:))


Then we went back to planning and then we had dinner which was composed of delicious cole slaw, soup, and some kind of cabbage rolls! yum! then maja and i walked with don luigi and chris to the city center...

I call chris my surrogate father and don luigi my surrogate grandfather..I <3 them dearly...so much fun!

I'm pretty sure don luigi wants to adopt me because our sense of humor is so similar!


So first, maja, don luigi and i went shopping while chris was sleeping...


We went to the Lviv bazaar: let me tell you about this! so amazing! Just imagine the most inexpensive things you can and multiply this by 1 million...there were so many kiosk/stands on one street that it looked like a colossal american flee market! one giant section of it was devoted strictly to weddings...imagine these horrid, gaudy, pure white wedding gowns with corny jewels and lace...so ugly...but that's the ukrainian wedding way. I was attempting to find a fairy costume for my lessons, and this is why we ran into all of this wedding stuff. You would not believe the cheap prices, and the amount of people on this street. It is the craziest thing I have ever had the pleasure to witness........


so anyway, I bought this butterfly and dress for my fairy costume for my lessons...let me say...pure brilliance!



Then don luigi, maja, and I walked back to their flat where we saw papa chris...so chris was planning on going to this cafe extremely near to their flat...so we all joined him there:)

It was a brilliant time...I had three ukrainian beers which tasted like spotted cow, while chris and don luigi dined on cole slaw haha! and then eventually tania joined us after I met her at the opera house and brought her to the cafe.


We had such a great time:) I can't express it in words..if i tried to it would be 343,5555,333 smiley faces:D Let's just say I have earned the nickname of elaine from seinfeld and don luigi is george costanza's father! So much fun! I seriously LOVE these people...thank you everyone for a great night!


I miss you mom and daddy:) stay classy! <3 me


:)Michelley!

No comments:

Post a Comment