Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hi Hi from Chris & Luigi's Flat

Hola Amigos!


I've had such an extravagant time today...


This morning I first woke up and felt a little trashed, however, this wore off after about a good two hours of me staring into my suitcase, attempting to choose what to wear out of my limited stash of clothing...


So, obviously I got ready, and then Maja and I headed to Castle Lion for our training again today. We had team building which is always a riot, and then tried to come up with stuff for interviewing the children's english level....

It was just so fun! But let me describe castle lion for you...it's wayyy better than anything american! I mean picture one of the buildings on lake dr. with a conference room and then you get to sit outside on the patio when we have our coffee breaks. There are random cats that walk around, and it's so peaceful, serene, and beautiful. There are white curtains which sway in the wind, and everyone has a smile on their face...from here we went to dinner...


We had a delicious chicken, cheese, and egg salad with mayo, some kind of borsch soup with pickles, black olives, and one caper...that i sadly ate, and then dumplings! delish!



Then of course, we all walked to the city center again! yay! first, maya and I dropped our stuff off at chris and luigi's flat then we were off to the opera house market again to buy souveniers....


we were shopping for everything of course. i bought a lot of presents:) so shhh i can't tell you what i got...but for myself I bought a beautiful handmade and handpainted tote bag that says I <3 lviv:) yaya :)


After this, maja and i continued our shopping in this mall like structure called maganus. we went to some store called reserve where i bought jeans for $20 and a shirt for like $8...it's much like an american store...however, for some reason people here are obsessed with strange things...all these t-shirts had the powerpuff girls on them and then some had snoopy and just odd stuff haha


So then, maja went to meet with maryana and i continued my shopping because as you all know, im a shopoholic. So i stayed in the maganus mall place and bought some junk...it is 6 stories, and in most of the stores the shopkeepers just stand at the door and stare at you, so i was afraid to go into most of the stores lol


then i went down the street to all these really cheep "dollar like" stores where i bought a sparkly candle to use as my wand for my fairy costume....eventually i made my way to the bank to exchange my usd and to the opera market where i bought chocolate and fanta and apples.......


i also wanted to check out the ecco shoe store which is hella expensive here. whoa....but overall, it was a good day...


i only almost got hit by a car crossing the street 3 times, and was stared at about 600 times...even though everyone here says i look ukrainian.

anywho, next time i travel abroad im going to a country where all the women are fat because seriously the women here are so skinny.. EVERYONE! I am tempted to stop eating, but the food is just so goood;)


Tomorrow we head on a 5 hour train ride for the camp...i don't know how much internet access i will have, but i hope it is enough. if not, i may go crazy! anyway have a stupendous day!


God blesss

:)shelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment