Friday, June 24, 2011

Long time no talk:)

Hello everyone!


I miss you, and I've really missed my family these past couple days. It's been rather tough, but I'm still making it!!!



So I am in the AmEs camp, and it is the most phenomenal thing I have ever experience in my entire life. I am just so happy, so greatful, and just love love love this life.


I'll recap our trekk here...so maja and i had to wake up at 330 am i think to prepare for our journey to the carpathian mountains. We had to take a taxi to the main train station, and so I had to lug my giant luggage down the cobblestone streets around my flat. I'm pretty sure I hated it....


Then the train was just fabulous...First, we were jam-packed into one car...all the children, teachers and luggage. It was definitely an experience, but I just wouldn't have traded it for the world simply because the views I experienced and the feelings I had travelling through the carpathians just took my breath away. These feelings were like nothing else I have ever felt...

Imagine these huge mountains out of a fairytale with tons of pine trees...then there are the random villages with byzantine style churches and farms with old fashioned hay bales and pitch forks. I saw the occasional farmer chasing after his cow, and then there are also the beautiful rivers. It just brings tears to my eyes to think about:)

Now I am in the camp and this is a resort. so beautiful. I am staying in a room with five other teachers...so funny.


Everyday we have morning exercizes, then our meetings, then breakfast which is delicious...the food here makes me never want to leave like I've said before.


I taught my first lessons today, and I had just a ball! The students are soooo intelligent and their english is outstanding. I dressed up as a fairy and just went over the three little pigs...


then yesterday we played volleyball for about 2 hours...SO FUN:) and then danced at the disco. Although, my arms were covered in mud because the volleyball court is all dirt. It was hilarious.


As I have said before, I have my make shift father and grandfather here who enable me to survive. We have so much fun joking, and talking about seinfeld. We also just have the craziest intelligent conversations...


beyond this, you have to see what the students here put together. they are making advertisements, chants, projects and it is amazing. Also, these kids are the greatest dancers i have ever seen. I mean little boys maybe 10 are doing these crazy moves like they should be on dancing with the stars. They have the cutest outfits to accompany their performances as well.


LOVE IT HERE:)


God bless all!


:)Michelly!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle captured my feelings, opinions and observations exactly. I thought the farmer chasing the brown cow was hilarious. And yes even the 10 year-olds are phenomenal dancers with some very original moves that even impressed me who considers himself a very accomplished dancer.

    Dr. Luigi Angelo Carlo Schiavo, PhD, DSc, JD, MD
    Michelle's make shift grandfather

    ReplyDelete