Wednesday, July 13, 2011

yep yep yep

Hello Everyone:)

I still miss you, and I would like to inform you that I will not have internet access at all for a total of 16 days...I'm excited to experience this because I do not forsee it as possible! We will have no internet because the next camp we are staying at is way way out in the middle of nowhere...turychka...or something like that in the carpathians...


So, yestderday here was "quest" day in which all the students and staff dressed up as pirates. However, I didn't really until the nightly disco because I was soooo tired, and I slept a lot meaning I didn't have time to get ready for anything. Anyway, it was hilarious to see these kids' costumes. One kid must be quadruple jointed or something because he was walking around with his arm behind his head...so it looked like it was broken. Then this one team painted "black blood" all over themselves...which I found to be hilarious...


Quest day is basically like a scavenger hunt where each team has to perform different tasks. My favorite is the string course like an army training tactic where the students have to crawl through this web of string without touching any...and it takes them forever, and I feel horrible watching because they ruin their clothes from the mud. Some of the boys go through it in their underwear...which almost seems worse...


Yes, and everything here has been tough for the past couple of days...I mean our bathroom looked like a bomb exploded in it and that there was a mudslide after because the floor would get so dirty it looked like a muddy river. Afterall, there are about 10 people sharing one single bathroom, and our bedroom is now deemed "the trainstation" because trillions of instructors and teachers are always walking through...it is a miracle that anyone is able to sleep...

I basically live off of my bed...it's the only amount of personal space I have. It's cool to see how economical I have become:)



Anyway, because of all of this stress placed on us teachers and instructors, arthur allowed us to have a barbecue last night after the children went to sleep...

IT WAS SUPER:D


They have this cheese here which is the texture of a rubberband...then you chew it a little bit and it turns into cheese, but it tastes so salty and so smokey...OMG I FELL IN LOVE with this amazing cheese. I am on a high right now just because I ate that cheese. They then barbecued all this chicken...so tasty:) and we had chips, tomatoes (as usual), pickles (like cucumbers...as usual), bread, and wine and coca cola, and kvass...

O AND CHOCOLATE OF COURSE!


I loved this night because we all got to be together and just relax while having fun!


AND I was had in a joke as usual...



Today, I am just happy...the older students went on an excursion to mukachevo today...we go tomorrow...

So my students were anxious and didn't want to learn a thing...our fairytale of the day today was Rumpelstiltskin! wooo!


And i just ate lunch which included my most hated dish which has chunks of fat in it with rice...i gag....but i ate the rice and cole slaw...yummmmm:)


And now we will be going on an excursion of our own here in about 40 minutes to the waterfall...can't wait! should be fun!


So I'll be talking to you again soooooon!


God bless:D


!Michelley:)

No comments:

Post a Comment