Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Last Shebang

So this is it. The last hoorah!


I'm sitting in my room...there is a monsoon outside haha...and too many kids screaming and shouting in the corridor...they are preparing for the final concert of the second shift of kids! How fun...I know they are planning on imitating the teachers...so it ought to be hilarious to see this:)


But anyway, I leave tomorrow evening for Lviv...and then we basically take a direct train ride for 7 hours to the deep deep deep carpathian mountains!


It's been quite a ride, and I am sorry to say my story will end here...for the rest you will have to talk to me once I'm back in America!


We won't have internet access for a total of 16 days...HOW FUN!

You can guess whether that is sarcastic, but I would say it is a little bit of both.


Today Nadir and I walked to the shop in the town...I guess you could call it...more like creepy Ukrainian ghost town with a few grandmothers sitting around outside and old men with cats that stare at you. I bought nothing else than chocolate and ice cream haha...what a fatty I am...

I'm sorry but I just need relief from all the buckwheat and over cooked pasta...not to mention the mystery meat....YUM.




I will miss this place...especially the random cleaning lady who screamed at me yesterday during my lesson because the students were sitting on couch pillows on the floor. I don't think she knew that I was ukrainian...but I just stared at her face which looked so magnified to me. Her anger I think popped a blood vessel in her forehead...I had to keep from laughing...then I said in broken English "ja za americae" which means I am american...from which she got even more made and literally began to explode on the students. I felt bad but certainly got a kick out of it haha!


And our disco is likely cancelled for tonight as this is the thunderstorm central zone this evening...

So we will go to the restaurant and drink our worries away. There was a lot of drama here, and everyone needs to relax!


I felt so good though because the students actually wanted to work on their fairytale book projects during afternoon nap...LIKE HOMEWORK! WOOO!

I have succeeded in not failing as a teacher! GREAT!


ANYWAY I WILL MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH...IF YOU SEE MY FAMILY TELL THEM I LOVE THEM, AND EAT SOME WISCO CHEESE FOR ME PLEASE LOL!



GOODBYE:D


MICHELLE

No comments:

Post a Comment